What is Mesotherapy?
Basically, mesotherapy is a non-surgical skin rejuvenation technique. It involves delivering micro amounts of a nourishing solution into the dermis of the skin with nano needles.
This infusion of nourishing ingredients helps to rejuvenate the skin by providing a healthy environment that helps to stimulate and facilitate the production of collagen elastin and hyaluronic acid, all of which are essential to maintain your youthful glow.
What are the benefits of Mesotherapy?
- Mesotherapy can help to rejuvenate your skin. Increased production of collagen and elastin will help improve your skin volume.
- It will help slow down the ageing process
- Improved collagen and elastin will add structural integrity to the skin, helping to prevent sagging and skin laxity
- It can improve circulation to the skin and help flush away toxins
- It can help to improve pigmentation and also acne scars
- It will improve the texture and homogeneity of your skin
- It can help to reduce the size of pores
- It may be used in combination with other treatments.
What does the procedure involve?
To start with, you will have a consultation with Dr Kulwinder Rajewal, to discuss your aesthetic goals, talk about the different options available, discuss the benefits that mesotherapy may provide you, discuss your suitability for the treatment and any potential side effects that you should be aware of.
Next, a numbing cream will be applied to your face. You will need to wait around 30 minutes for this topical anaesthetic to work. Then you will receive multiple facial injextions with micro-needles to adminster the mesotherapy nutrient into your dermis. The process is usually very quick and should be over within half and hour. You should feel very little discomfort during the procedure.
After the treatment, you may have some minor bruising and swelling. Your face will appear red, a bit like a sunburn, for 24 to 48 hours after the treatment. You make take Paracetamol to help alleviate any discomfort after the treatment.
Your skin will become more radiant, glowing and hydrated. The texture and appearance of your skin should improve over the coming months as new collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid are formed. It gives volume to deep wrinkles, laugh lines, smoke lines and under eye lines.
Number of Treatment:
We recommend that you initially have a course of 3-6 treatments depending upon your skin conditions, spaced at two-week intervals. Maintenance treatments may be performed once a year.